Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
This recipe from Todd Wilbur's "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes Unlocked" cookbook claims to taste just like Stouffer's macaroni and cheese, but I haven't tried it yet. Let me know what you think! Recipe created by Todd Wilbur - www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 1 cup skim milk
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded medium cheddar
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups cooked macaroni (about 3/4 c. uncooked)
- Whisk flour into skim milk is a small saucepan.
- Place it over medium low heat.
- Added shredded cheddar cheese, margarine and salt.
- Stir often with a spoon until the cheese begins to melt.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir the sauce with a whisk every couple of minutes so it becomes smooth and thick.
- While sauce thickens, boil macaroni according to directions and strain.
- Once cheese sauce has simmered for 30 minutes, pour pasta into a medium bowl.
- Gently stir in cheese sauce.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan or casserole dish.
- Cover and freeze.
- When ready to eat, preheat oven to 350 F and bake macaroni for 50 minutes or until cheese begins to brown slightly.
Cheese sauce had very gritty texture, however I will say closest recipe to staffers man n chez in the 10 I've tried. Added three cups cheese and only 3 tsp of flour and 4 Tbsp of butter, used xl macaroni and tasted much better less grit texture
Ver dry after cooked