1/4 Photos of Stormy Day Breakfast Bread Pudding
1 hr 5 mins
This is a recipe that I clipped from the newspaper. I modified it by changing the topping. The original recipe called for 1 cup of low-fat granola, but I switched it to a topping like you would find on an apple crisp. Use any type of bread. I used 2 wheat & 2 egg hamburger buns from the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups dry bread cubes
- 16 ounces canned pears, drained and chopped
- ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray an 8" x 8" glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Blend well.
- 4Add bread cubes and mix well. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 5Arrange place pears over bread and sprinkle entire top with cinnamon.
- 6Mix topping ingredients of oatmeal, brown sugar and melted butter together.
- 7Sprinkle over bread & pears.
- 8Bake for 50-60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stormy Day Breakfast Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 365.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 8.8 g