Susie in Texas's Note:
To keep fresh garlic on hand, you can store it submerged in olive (or vegetable) oil. Another perk for storing garlic this way is that you can also use the garlic flavored oil for cooking. Just remember to replenish the oil to keep your cloves submerged.
My Private Note
- 1Separate heads into individual cloves of garlic.
- 2Peel the garlic cloves.
- 3Cloves may be left whole, chopped or minced, whatever your preference may be.
- 4Place garlic cloves in a small jar with a tight fitting lid.
- 5Add oil to completely cover the garlic, place cover on jar and close tightly.
- 6Store in refrigerator for up to 3 months.
- 7Replenish oil as needed to keep garlic covered.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Storing Garlic in Oil
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.2
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 11.4 g