Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a real Belgian recipe, there are many ways of making it, but this is one I came up with and changed it along the way. It has a rich, sweet sauce and absolutely tastes wonderful! Serve with french fries and apple sauce
- Glaze the onion in margarine in a large skillet.
- Add the beef and cook until it has browned.
- Add all of the beer, the beef, the chocolate and the bay leaf.
- Spread the mustard onto the slices of peperkoek or bread and place in top of the meat.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Leave to cook on low heat for at least 1 1/2 hours, but the longer it cooks the better it tastes, stir from time to time preventing it to burn. The sauce should have a pretty thick consistency.
- The leftovers of this recipe can be frozen or the recipe can easily be doubled.