Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Recipe found on a carton of Stonyfield French Vanilla Yogurt. I am not sure of the exact prep time.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- Mix eggs, milk and sugar in a large, heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over a medium heat until mixture coats a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat and cool quickly by placing pan in a sink of ice water.
- Stir for 1-2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Right before serving, mix together whipping cream and yogurt. Beat with an electric mixer on medium to form soft peaks.
- Transfer chilled egg mixture to a punch bowl.
- Fold in whipping cream mixture.
- Serve at once, sprinkling nutmeg on each serving.