2 hrs 20 mins
Have you used a stoneware casserole or clay pot? It's much like a casserole dish and very durable. The pot retains heat so the food tends to cook a bit more after removal from the oven. This recipe came on a recipe card I received with my new stoneware. My clay pot does not need soaking in cold water but many do for approx. 15-20 min. Check and see for yours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in skillet. Saute garlic, add curry powder, tumeric to make a paste. Add onions and saute until clear. Mix with rice, raisins, walnuts, and apple.
- 2Prepare chicken for stuffing. Stuff with rice mixture.
- 3Place chicken in roaster; arrange remaining stuffing around the outside of the chicken.
- 4Prepare a glaze of 3 tbs butter, 1 tbs honey, and 2 tsp curry powder. Note: amount of curry varies according to taste and quality of powder.
- 5Glaze chicken, cover and bake at 350˚F for 20 minutes per lb of bird or until it passes your favorite test for doneness. You may want to uncover to brown during the last few minutes. *The glaze usually browns nicely with the cover on.
- 6*Leftovers make a great soup base.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stoneware Roast Chicken With Curry
Serving Size: 1 (786 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1472.6
- Calories from Fat 694
- Total Fat 77.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 290.2 mg
- Sodium 332.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 73.5 g