Recipe by rockinred
This is a surprisingly easy recipe from the gourmands at Stonewall Kitchen. This recipe was published in Working Mother magazine.
- 2 large fresh peaches
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 10 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners.
- To peel peaches, drop into boiling water for 30 seconds, then gently transfer to a bowl of ice water. When cool, peel off the slippery skin. Dice and set aside.
- Melt butter and set aside. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugar, milk, egg and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk in melted butter, the fold in peaches. Gently fold in flour mixture until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Fill 10 muffin tins until almost full.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on rack 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm!