Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Beth Hensperger; like an old-fashioned peasant loaf
Make and share this Stonehenge Bread (Bread Machine) recipe from Food.com.
1 1/2 lb loaf
- 44.37 ml whole millet
- 59.14 ml Bulgar wheat
- 44.37 ml polenta
- 295.73 ml boiling water
- 44.37 ml honey
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 473.18 ml bread flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml medium rye flour
- 59.14 ml rolled oats
- 29.58 ml natural bran
- 22.18 ml gluten
- 7.39 ml salt
- 14.79 ml fast rising yeast (1 T. plus 1 t. bread machine yeast)
- Place the millet, bulgur wheat, polenta, boiling water, honey, and butter in a bowl; let soak for 15 minutes to soften the grains, melt the butter, and cool until warm.
- Place the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions, adding the grains and their soaking liquid as the liquid ingredients.
- Set crust on dark and program for the Basic or Whole Wheat cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.