Recipe by fugaler
a yummy vegetable beef soup, the tomato juice makes all the difference- i use vegetable juice. I think the name is derived from a story of all these friends making soup together. They start with a stone, and all add in one ingredient, until they have a meal they can share together. Isn’t that heartwarming??? i got this recipe from my friend Sue. I like to serve this with my recipe for Ags Muffins to complete the meal
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup rice, uncooked
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown burger and onion in a large soup pot. Drain away excess grease.
- Add carrots, rice, water, bouillon and tomato juice.
- when rice is cooked (about 20 min), add peas, corn and green beans.
- Cook to heat through- about 2-3 minutes.
- Grated cheddar cheese can be sprinkled on top when served. I recommend it highly. I would not eat stone soup without it.