Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is to die for! It's very easy and FUN to make.
Make and share this Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Stir together yeast, water, oil, and honey in a bowl to dissolve the yeast.
- Next add salt and whole wheat flour.
- Mix well, then add white flour.
- Knead the dough until it's smooth and elastic (you can never'over-knead' the dough, sometimes I even punch the dough; it helps relieve stress!).
- Cover with a towel and let raise 20 minutes.
- Punch down and shape into a round loaf, place on greased cookie sheet, cover, and let raise until double (about 1 hour).
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.