1 hr 30 mins
Mairead Kelly's Note:
This bread is to die for! It's very easy and FUN to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together yeast, water, oil, and honey in a bowl to dissolve the yeast.
- 2Next add salt and whole wheat flour.
- 3Mix well, then add white flour.
- 4Knead the dough until it's smooth and elastic (you can never'over-knead' the dough, sometimes I even punch the dough; it helps relieve stress!).
- 5Cover with a towel and let raise 20 minutes.
- 6Punch down and shape into a round loaf, place on greased cookie sheet, cover, and let raise until double (about 1 hour).
- 7Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (804 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1877.0
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3513.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 354.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.0 g
- Sugars 53.0 g
- Protein 50.0 g