Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This was my first bread recipe. It was all beginners luck. Everyone will enjoy it.
- 4 cups stone ground whole wheat flour
- 2 cups graham flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packets yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar (to prove yeast)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 -3 cups warm water
- Combine all dry ingredients into standard Kitchen Aid mixer bowl and begin to mix on low for two minutes(I use the wire wisk attachment to keep it airy).
- Switch to dough hook attachment and resume mixing at a medium speed.
- Combine egg and vegetable oil and beat until mixed.
- Add to bowl.
- Warm honey in microwave to make it pourable and add to bowl.
- Begin to slowly add warm water to bowl while mixing. Pour water until dough completely wraps itself around the dough hook in a large ball.
- Grease a large mixing bowl and place dough in bowl.
- Cover with a towel and let rise for an hour.
- Grease two loaf pans and coat grease with flour. Divide dough into tow loaves and place in each pan.
- Cover and let rise until dough rises 1-2 inches over top of loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake loaves on center rack for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Cover loaves with a towel on a cooling rack for an hour and then place in large ziplock bag for storage.