Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Stone-Ground Cornmeal Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, butter, and oil until well blended.
- Whisk in buttermilk until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.