Recipe by TammieV
This recipe is from my hubby's mother who came from Holland. When I need comfort food I make this..
Top Review by Orange_Ember
This is so delicious. Three of us polished it off in minutes. The mashed potatoes and sauerkraut combination is wonderful and the kielbasa is unbelievably tender. The only change I'd make is to use twice as much kielbasa next time.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pile Potatoes in lg pan with a lid.
- Fill with water just to potatoes, not over them.
- Add saurkraut and top with kielbasa.
- Heat covered, on medium low heat for 2 and a half to 3 hours.
- Allow water to boil out.
- Check pot from time to time do not over cook.
- Adjust heat if needed.
- When done, there should be some moisture but no standing water.
- Turn off heat, remove meat and mash potatoes and saurkraut together.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Transfer to a dish and top with Kielbasa.