2 hrs 30 mins
A quite easy to prepare stollen - for Christmas or any special occasion.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and sugar and mix in yeast. Make a well in the middle.
- 2Warm the milk and butter, add egg and mix into the dry ingredients.
- 3Turn out dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place mix into a clean bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot to rise - about 1 hour or until doubled.
- 4On a lightly floured surface place dried fruit, cherries and almonds and lemon rind. Place the dough onto the mix and knead the fruit and nut until combined.
- 5Roll the dough into a rectangle about 25 x 20cm.
- 6Roll the almond paste into a sausage shape slightly shorter than the dough. Place into the center of the dough and wrap the dough around the paste.
- 7Put seam side down on greased baking sheet - cover with oiled plastic wrap and leave to rise for about 40 minutes.
- 8Pre heat oven 190 degrees and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
- 9Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Nutritional Facts for Stollen
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.8 mg
- Sodium 73.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: