1/2 Photos of Stitching Post Salad
A delicious and attractive layered salad. The celery and water chestnuts add a nice crunch, and the fresh Parmesan dressing with bacon/egg topping adds a wonderful flavor to the vegetables. It's important that each serving includes a portion of all the layers. Please note: the overnight chilling time is essential for flavor, and make this a great do-ahead dish. This recipe would be perfect for a ladies luncheon in the Southern U.S. region.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn in bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups mayonnaise (real mayo is preferred over Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (like SeasonAll)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1In a deep serving bowl, preferably a clear glass bowl, layer ingredients one at a time in the order given from lettuce through water chestnuts.
- 2Mix mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, sugar, seasoning salt and garlic powder.
- 3Add this mixture as the top layer in the bowl.
- 4Cover and chill the salad overnight.
- 5Before serving, top with crumbled bacon and egg slices.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stitching Post Salad
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.6
- Calories from Fat 437
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 159.4 mg
- Sodium 1108.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: