1/4 Photos of Stirfry Steamed With Sirloin Strips
I LOVE Chinese food! This recipe has two Asian Market products in it (in addition to soy sauce) that I believe make all the difference in the world. With every bite you will be making the YUM sound!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces boneless beef top sirloin steaks (cut into bite size pieces)
- 20 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 carrots (cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 cups bell peppers, sliced into bite size pieces (red, orange and yellow)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (rinsed well and drained)
- 8 ounces bamboo shoots (rinsed well and drained)
- 1 pineapple (peeled and cubed)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce (Panda Brand found in Asian Markets)
- 1 tablespoon black bean in garlic sauce (Found in Asian Markets)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1Marinade Beef in Oyster Sauce Overnight in sealed Zip Lock bag or Bowl with tightly cover lid.
- 2Add oil to an LARGE nonstick, covered pan but do not turn on the heat until all ingredients are assembled.
- 3Add Garlic.
- 4Add Carrot on top of garlic. Do not stir.
- 5Add Celery on top of carrots.
- 6Add Peppers on top of Celery.
- 7Sprinkle with all granulated seasonings.
- 8Add Beef on top of Peppers.
- 9Add Water Chestnuts and Bamboo Shoots on top of Beef. Do not Stir.
- 10Cover and SIMMER on LOW to medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes (the wider the pan, the less time to simmer). And, use common sense and personal preference for the meat's doneness, e.g., the longer it is cooked on high heat, the tougher it will be.
- 11Stir ingredients and add Black Beans in Garlic Sauce and Soy Sauce.
- 12Stir and Simmer five minutes more covered.
- 13Turn off heat and toss in pineapple and spinach. Cover and let sit for two minutes longer.
- 14Serve over jasmine rice. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stirfry Steamed With Sirloin Strips
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 895.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 22.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: