Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Stir fried zucchini and carrots
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks or thinner
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks or sliced thinner, if preferred
- 4 tablespoons stir-fry sauce
- Zucchini: Slim, small zucchini will taste best. larger and usually older zucchini tend to have a bitter after-taste.
- Carrots: Skinny carrots are the younger roots and usually taste sweeter.
- Mix cornstarch with water and set aside. Heat oil in stir fry pan, wok or heavier skillet over medium high heat. Stir fry carrots for 1 minute and then add zucchini. Continue stirring for about 2 minutes. (Adjust cooking times according to the temperature you feel comfortable cooking with.).
- Add stir fry sauce and stir well. Stir cornstarch mixture well before adding to vegetables. Stir until sauce is thickened and serve immediately.
- Sauces with lemon or orange flavors, if available, may be alternate stir fry sauces to try. A side dish for Western foods too.