Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I was looking for a stir fry recipe and Chef Neta was kind enough to locate one by Chef Bec. Unfortunately I didn't have all the ingredients to make what I’m sure is a wonderful dish, so I had to work with what I had on hand. This is the end result. If you try it I hope you enjoy it. Submitted on March 29th, 2006.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped frozen broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1 cup yellow squash, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 2 cups of chicken broth. Add rice; cover and remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat.
- Add carrots and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and squash stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and ginger.
- Add chicken broth and salt. Cook for about 3 minutes or until carrots are crisp tender.
- Mix together water and cornstarch. Add to veggie mixture; stir until thickened.
- Serve over rice.