1/1 Photo of Stir Fry Veggies With Rice
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I was looking for a stir fry recipe and Chef Neta was kind enough to locate one by Chef Bec. Unfortunately I didn't have all the ingredients to make what I’m sure is a wonderful dish, so I had to work with what I had on hand. This is the end result. If you try it I hope you enjoy it. Submitted on March 29th, 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen broccoli, partially thawed
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1 cup yellow squash, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1Boil 2 cups of chicken broth. Add rice; cover and remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 2In a large skillet heat oil until hot but not smoking over medium heat.
- 3Add carrots and stir fry for 1 minute.
- 4Add broccoli and squash stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle with garlic powder and ginger.
- 6Add chicken broth and salt. Cook for about 3 minutes or until carrots are crisp tender.
- 7Mix together water and cornstarch. Add to veggie mixture; stir until thickened.
- 8Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fry Veggies With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.6
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 808.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g