1/1 Photo of Stir Fry Veggie Take Out!!
A very healthy option to Chinese take out. Meatless but wonderful! The orange juice, honey and gingerroot create a sweet and sour taste that will have you throwing away all those take out menus! Easy to prepare, easy to freeze and easy on your waistline!! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup bok choy, chopped
- 3/4 cup peas, snow peas
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1In a large freezer bag add all on the veggies.
- 2Gently force out any air; seal the bag.
- 3In a quart size freezer bag add the oj, honey and ginger.
- 4Gently force out any air; seal the bag.
- 5Place the 2 bags into another large freezer bag with printed recipe and seal, squeezing out as much air as possible.
- 6To cook; thaw.
- 7Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8Stir fry veggies until tender and crisp.
- 9Add the orange juice mixture. Salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the vegetables if desired. Bring mixture to a boil for 1 minute, remove from heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fry Veggie Take Out!!
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.1
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 2.5 g