Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
So good, you could add meat or chicken if you like. Serve with steamed rice. I love the flavor of the black bean sauce!!
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced diagonally green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fermented black beans, smashed
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 2 teaspoons asian chili sauce
- Heat oil in wok and add the vegtables.
- Stir and cook 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue stirring for 2-3 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
This was a fantastic stri-fry. I've been looking for a good recipe for black bean sauce, and even though this was the most simple recpie I've tried, it was also the best! For the veggies, I used 1 lb Broccoli and one red pepper. I also added 1 lb of extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into chunks. Finally, I used about 1.5x the amount of stock, black beans, and mirin; this was to make sure that the tofu had enough sauce to soak up. Thanks for a fantastic recipe!
i loved this! Especially since you could add whatever veggies you want. I did double the sauce though. Added mushrooms, green pepper, baby corn and tofu
A great Stir-fry! With fermented black beans, I find it is better to soak them for about 30 minutes and rinse them a few times, before making them into a paste. The more of a paste you make, the stronger the flavor, but I like it to be chunky for the visual effect. You can use any veggies you want in the recipe.