The colors in this dish are beautiful! Created for RSC 18, making a fabulous combination of vegetables that could be changed according to what you have on hand.
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms or 1 cup broccoli or 1 cup zucchini or 1 cup yellow squash
- In a bowl, combine the molasses, broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, gingerroot, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy skillet. Add the vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes until crisp tender. (A skillet may take a bit longer).
- Mix in the molasses mixture. Cook this until the sauce begins to thicken and the vegetables are coated.