- 1 small flower cauliflower
- 200 g beans
- 200 g carrots
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly under running water.
- Peel the carrots and cut the cauliflower in small flowers (not very small).
- Now cut the carrots into thin 5 cm rectangular slices and beans too of approximate length.
- In a non stick pan add 2 cups of water and put all the sliced vegetables into the same.
- Sprinkle little salt and close the lid.
- Lets the vegetables cook for around 10 min or so until slightly tender, medium flame.
- Drain the water,transfer the vegetables into another pan.
- Wipe the non stick pan dry and put 1 tablespoon oil
- Add the mustard seeds, close the lid until the seeds have crackled.
- Now add the cooked vegetables and sprinkle salt as per taste.
- Close the lid and toss the plan for the salt to mix.
- (One can use a wooden stapula for mixing if the veggies are not too soft).
- Let it cook for another 5-10 min
- Add pepper when the pan is off the flame and toss.
- (Optionally add some fresh sprouts).