Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe from my Filipino piano teacher.
Make and share this Stir Fry Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in strips (marinate in soy sauce and garlic for great flavor)
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut to florets
- 2 cups broccoli, cut to florets
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced (2 stalks) (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn
- salt (to taste)
- soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (just use enough to thicken slightly)
- Saute onions in oil.
- Add chicken and stir fry until browned. If not marinated, season with soy sauce and garlic.
- Add vegetables except for baby corn and salt. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add baby corn and soy sauce to taste, if desired.
- Pour sauce over, stir till all vegetables are coated. If more sauce is needed, just double the recipe. I haven't made this in ages, so you might need more. I can't remember.
- Sauce: stir all ingredients for sauce together until slightly thickened.
This is a great, simple stir fry... you can really use your imagination (or clean out your refrigerator!) to change it up... I left out the chicken since I wanted just a veggie side dish to Caramelized Baked Chicken Legs/Wings with some jasmine rice... I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snow peas, straw mushrooms, bamboo shoots, baby corn and water chestnuts... I love peppers, but they are so expensive right now... I like the oyster sauce... it really makes the light sauce delicious! That is my mom's "secret" ingredient in her stir fry veggies... I don't usually add the cornstarch since we like a thin sauce... Thanks for sharing!!!
A very light, tasty stir fry. I used only broccoli and not cauliflower and I did marinade the chicken. I doubled the sauce to have more for the serving. But, it did needed salt, and maybe a tablespoon of soy sauce on the wok for better taste. With those two additions next time it will be a hit! Thanks for sharing Marycate. Made it for PAC Spring 2007.