Top Review by AZAofMirkwood
I didn't add the mushrooms or carrots, but it was still wonderful!! I added a little seaseme oil in replace of the peanut oil I did not have... It was a lovely twist. I served it over fried rice. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 heads broccoli (use florets only)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 6 -8 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into small strips and seeded
- 1 medium onion, cut into thick rings
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon mild soy sauce or 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- to taste firm tofu, cut into small cubes to make > cup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onio n and cook 15 seconds.
- Stir in broccoli florets, carrots and green pepper.
- Add water, cover and cook about 6 minutes or until vegetables are about half-done. Add soy sauce, mushrooms and tofu.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.