Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A hint of orange and hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces linguine
- Peel and julienne carrots.
- Slice green peppers.
- In wok or large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over high heat stir fry steak in batches, until browned but still pink inside about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to plate.
- In wok heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat stir fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and green pepper, stir fry for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together beef stock, orange zest, and orange juice, cornstarch, hot pepper sauce add to work and bring to boil.
- Return steak and any accumulated juices to wok along with parsley.
- Meanwhile in a large pot of boiling salted water cook linguine until tender 6-8 minutes.
- Drain and add to wok.
- Toss to coat well.
Did love it, next add some more heat. Prep time was about 10 minutes? Thanks Calee
This was a nice colorful stirfry. I love variations of beef and noodles! I used chuka soba noodles instead of linguine. I also doubled the hot sauce and added crushed red pepper as well as a bit of hoisin sauce. We topped it all off with peanuts. Thanks for posting!
This was so good! I liked the steak a lot and noodles are my favorite. Thank you Chef!