Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I usually like to add a little low sodium soy sauce just before serving. Attractive dish, great as part of a Chinese meal or any meal. For added color throw in some shoestring carrots - They cook very quickly and only need 1 minute befor adding the snowpeas.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- Bring the broth to a boil in a wok or skillet.
- Toss in the peas cover and cook for 1-2 minutes (do not over cook the peas), shake the pan a couple of times.
- The peas should be crisp and bright green.
- Add sesame oil and water chestnuts, continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This is a beautiful side dish. I used frozen snowpeas with carrots, and with the white water chestnuts, it was almost too beautiful to eat! But I'm glad we did! It was delicious. I'll be making this again. Thanks for posting!