Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple recipe for beginners.
- 200 g shrimp, fresh (medium sized)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 10 black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped (to garnish)
- 30 g butter
- De-vein the shrimps, wash, pat dry. If using frozen prawns, thaw and pat dry. Add 1 tsp salt and garlic paste.Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add sliced garlic and coarsely ground black pepper. Fry in low flame till the garlic emits flavor.
- Add 1 tsp cornflour to the marinaded shrimps and mix well.
- Put the marinaded shrimps in the pan, stir together with red chilly powder and grated cheese.
- Cook in medium flame for 5 minutes. Ensure that water released if any, evaporates.
- When the butter leaves the side of pan, add cilantro for garnish.
- Serve hot with toasted bread, paratha, roti , or as a finger food.