From Cooking Light. Just like Chinese takeout or PF Chang's Orange Peel Shrimp (without the orange peel). This takes no time to make and you already have most of the ingredients. We halved the recipe and cooked up 11 large shrimp from Costco for 2 people. At first we burned the garlic and ginger, so we started over and turned the heat down to medium. Enjoy! ** I took note from a reviewer and added some steamed broccoli with the sauce in step 6 - AWESOME! **
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic (such as sambal oelek)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch; toss well to coat. Set aside.
- Combine juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and chile paste, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add minced ginger and garlic to pan; stir-fry for 15 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add shrimp mixture; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add juice mixture and onions; cook 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and shrimp are done, stirring frequently.
- Serve immediately.