Recipe by Leeka Loves Cooking
This is one of my favorite dishes to prepare. It's so tasty! My brother in law prepared this during his visit from the Philippines and I was lucky enough to get the recipe. Now I'm sharing it with you. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (remove shell)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup warm water
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve chicken bouillon in warm water and add oyster sauce. Once cool, add cornstarch and mix well. Set aside for later.
- In wok, heat cooking oil over medium flame.
- Add garlic, onion and carrots and saute until slightly cooked.
- Add bell pepper and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Constantly stirring so that you don't burn the veggies
- Add shrimp and cook until they turn to a pinkish color. Remember to continue stirring so that everything cooks evenly (About 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth solution and continue stirring. The sauce will thicken.
- Scramble egg with a fork in a bowl and then pour in with the shrimp and veggies. Stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
- This recipe goes great over steamed rice!