Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my favorite dishes to prepare. It's so tasty! My brother in law prepared this during his visit from the Philippines and I was lucky enough to get the recipe. Now I'm sharing it with you. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp (remove shell)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup warm water
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Dissolve chicken bouillon in warm water and add oyster sauce. Once cool, add cornstarch and mix well. Set aside for later.
- In wok, heat cooking oil over medium flame.
- Add garlic, onion and carrots and saute until slightly cooked.
- Add bell pepper and cook for approximately 3 minutes. Constantly stirring so that you don't burn the veggies
- Add shrimp and cook until they turn to a pinkish color. Remember to continue stirring so that everything cooks evenly (About 5 minutes).
- Add the chicken broth solution and continue stirring. The sauce will thicken.
- Scramble egg with a fork in a bowl and then pour in with the shrimp and veggies. Stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!
- This recipe goes great over steamed rice!