Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
DONT BOTHER WITH TAKE-OUT. THIS IS SO QUICK AND EASY AND IT WILL SATISFY YOUR CRAVING FOR CHINESE. GET THE SCALLOPS ON SALE AND YOUR DINNER WILL BE ECONOMICAL TOO!
MAKE MARINADE (COMBINE AND MIX WELL)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb fresh large scallop
- 1 lb fresh snow pea
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 onion, quartered and separated
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta
- RINSE SCALLOPS WELL, PAT DRY.
- WASH AND REMOVE ENDS FROM SNOW PEAS, SLICE MUSHROOMS 1/4" THICK, CUT PEPPERS INTO 1/2" PIECES.
- DIVIDE MARINADE IN HALF.
- TOSS SCALLOPS WITH 1/2 MARINADE.
- HEAT OIL IN WOK AND STIR FRY SCALLOPS ABOUT 4-5 MINS.
- REMOVE SCALLOPS AND SET ASIDE.
- STIR FRY VEGETABLES UNTIL TENDER CRISP.
- ABOUT 3-4 MINS.
- PLACE ALL INGREDIENTS BACK INTO WOK, ADD REMAINING MARINADE.
- STIR UNTIL HEATED THROUGH.
- SERVE OVER RICE OR ANGEL HAIR PASTA.
Nice balanced sauce, nice vegetable selection. Next time, I'll add a bit chili to the sauce - needs a little heat. Very easy, as well.
we really enjoyed this meal. light, tasty, and easy to make!
My family enjoyed this very much but I had to change it in so many ways, I didn't feel I could give you an accurate rating. But overall we enjoyed your post, I had no idea what I was going to do with my extra scallops and this helped out a lot,so thanks for sharing!