1/5 Photos of Stir-Fry Prawns / Shrimps With Vegetables and Fresh Thai Noodles
Chef floWer's Note:
This recipe started off as a chicken salad but I wanted something warmer and I had raw green prawns at home so it ended off as a stir-fry. For the noodles I used Fresh Thai Noodles which are yellow in colour and flat, I purchase them in the fridge section of the supermarket. I ate the stir-fry the next day for lunch and the flavours really enhanced. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Wok
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 spring onions or 2 green onions, diced
- 1 large red capsicums or 1 large red pepper, julienne
- 200 g snow peas or 200 g mange-touts peas, stems removed and halved
- 1 carrot, julienne
Prawns or Shrimp
- 900 g raw prawns or 900 g raw shrimp, shelled and divined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 700 g noodles (fresh Thai flat noodles) or 700 g hokkien noodles (Fresh)
The Last Bit
- 1Heat Wok, add tablespoon peanut oil, allow the oil to heat.
- 2Add the 'The Vegetables' (Spring onions, red capsicum, snow peas, and carrot) in the wok and stir-fry for four mins, remove to separate bowl. Note: Cook vegetables until your preferred texture, it you like them crisp cook them for 4 mins if you like them soft cook them longer.
- 3Add the prawns in wok and stir-fry until they are covered with oil.
- 4Add 'The Sauces' (Sesame oil, lime juice, ketjap manis and sweet chilli sauce) into the wok, stir fry until bubbles and the prawns are pink or no longer transparent, reduce heat.
- 5Add noodles until they are separated.
- 6Add mint and coriander, then mix in the vegetables and cook until they are warm.
- 7Serve in bowls and garnish with roasted cashews.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fry Prawns / Shrimps With Vegetables and Fresh Thai Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1110.7
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 430.5 mg
- Sodium 1486.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 144.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 61.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce