Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Feb 1989 Better Homes & Gardens recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 lb lean boneless pork, cut into strips
- 1 cup jicama, cubed and peeled
- 1 cup red sweet pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage or 2 cups spinach, chopped
- In a small bowl mix the water cornstarch, soy sauce, and sherry, stir well and set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet cook the gingerroot and garlic for 30 seconds in hot oil. Add half the thinly sliced pork and stir fry 3 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove, and add the remaining pork and cook until no longer pink. Return all the pork to skillet and add jicama, sweet peppers and green onion. Stir fry 1 minute more.
- Stir in the slurry mixture and cook until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in the cabbage or spinach last and warm thru.
- Serve over rice or noodles.