Recipe by Bec
From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 1 lb lean boneless pork, cut int 1/4 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced in rounds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh broccoli, stems cut in 1/8 inch diagonal rounds and florets separated
- 1⁄2 lb carrot, sliced in 1/8 inch diagonal rounds
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large skillet over high heat, quickly brown pork strips in hot oil.
- Add onion, garlic, broccoli stems and carrots- Cook and stir constantly until vegetables are hot but crisp.
- Add broccoli florets and soy sauce- Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice or bean or rice thread noodles.