Recipe by SocaliJL
Opo is an Asian squash with a flavor similar to zucchini. It looks like a long light green gourd. To prepare, I rinse, peel, seed, and chop into 1" cubes. I often stir fry this or put this in a simple soup with ground pork and onions.
- 2 cups opo squash, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup ground pork
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (Golden Mountain) or 1 tablespoon soya sauce (Golden Mountain)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wok with oil.
- Stir fry garlic for 1 minute.
- Add ground pork and brown.
- Add diced opo, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger.
- Stir-fry until cooked for about 10 minutes or until slightly soft, don't overcook.
- Add green onion at the end with pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.