Recipe by Sky Hostess
These are fantastic! A little salty, a little sweet. Everyone just gobbles them up. Be prepared to make more! I've made them with walnuts and pecans. The pecans are my favorite! These are great to give as gifts during the holidays.
Top Review by LainieBug
A wonderful sweet & salty treat! I used walnuts as I didn't have pecans and fried them for 5 minutes. I plan to make these at Christmas time and put them in decorative jars for gift giving. Made for Fall 2009 Pick A Chef.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pot bring water to a boil. Boil nuts for 1 minute and drain.
- Place the nuts in a mixing bowl with 1/2 cup sugar and stir.
- Fry nuts in oil, on medium heat, for approximately 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch them carefully so they do not burn!
- Remove nuts from pan with slotted spoon and place in a single layer on waxed paper to cool.
- While the nuts are still warm lightly salt them. Allow to cool completely before serving.