Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy stir fry
- 500 g fresh hokkien noodles
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 bok choy, quartered
- 3 spring onions, cut diagonally
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 450 g bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lemon
- Put the noodles into a pot of boiling salted water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and allow water to run on the noodles until they are cold.
- Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the garlic.
- Cook until the garlic is a pale golden colour.
- Add the noodles and toss in the hot wok.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- Then the bok choy, spring onions, capsicum and bean sprouts.
- Keep tossing in the wok until the vegetables are just cooked.
- Before serving squeeze over the juice of a lemon.
Looks great, healthy and tasty. Are there other noodles I can use? These are not available in Soutgh Africa - at leat, not near me.
Very tasty side dish! I couldn't find the fresh noodles so used dried Oriental noodles and cooked acording to package directions. Also, I omitted the green pepper as DH won't eat. Didn't have any bok choy on hand so I used regular green shredded cabbage. These alterations still created a delicious dish! I served with Mrs. Neidermeyer's Pork Chops (#24910) for a great Friday night meal. Thanks!