Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have finally found mutton in some store!! This is a common and delicious mutton dish in Taiwan. It seems that everyone loves it! I especially love its hot and spicy taste! Serve it with steamed rice or, if you have Chinese style noodles, just simply combine them with this dish. Yum, yum!!
- 396.89 g mutton, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml chinese barbecue sauce
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml sesame seed oil
- 73.94 ml grapeseed oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 small red chili peppers, chopped, use more if prefer
- 14.79 ml ginger, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml carrot, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml chinese rice wine (cooking michiu)
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- 6 green onions, cut into small pieces
- Combine mutton, Chinese BBQ sauce, soy sauce and sesame seed oil. Marinade in the refrigerator at least for 30 minutes.
- In a wok, heat grape seed oil over medium high. Add garlic, red chili peppers, ginger and carrot into wok. Quickly stir-fry until garlic and ginger become slightly brown.
- Add mutton and rice wine. Stir-fry until 80% of meat is cooked.
- Continue to stir in sugar and green onions. Quickly stir-fry until all ingredients combine well and are cooked through, about 1 more minute. Season with a bit more salt if needed. Serve hot!