Recipe by Pneuma
This fast yet tasty colorful vegan dish is a hit with my picky vegetarian friend and non veg husband. I remember making several vegetarian dishes before and this was the one that had no left-overs.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Fabulous! Love peppers and mushrooms and loved them together in this stir-fry. I used one red, one yellow and one green pepper which meant I had to increase the mushrooms and garlic. NOT a problem! Before I made this, as I didn't have any Chinese rice wine, I read through all the reviews and found that Dreamer in Ontario had successfully used white wine, so that's what I did too! We greatly enjoyed this with a simple rice dish, and it's certainly a recipe which I'll make again - often. Thank you for sharing it Pneuma.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and diced (the colorful the better)
- 236.59 ml champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 14.79 ml chinese rice wine
- 29.58-44.37 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil til really hot.
- Stir fry onions (1 minute), then garlic (20 seconds).
- Then add peppers and mushrooms. Stir-fry until it becomes a bit soft, (about 2 minutes).
- Add the wine and soy sauce and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- When done, remove from heat and add the sesame sauce mixing it all together, and serve.