Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This fast yet tasty colorful vegan dish is a hit with my picky vegetarian friend and non veg husband. I remember making several vegetarian dishes before and this was the one that had no left-overs.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers, deseeded and diced (the colorful the better)
- 1 cup champignon mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 2 -3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Heat oil til really hot.
- Stir fry onions (1 minute), then garlic (20 seconds).
- Then add peppers and mushrooms. Stir-fry until it becomes a bit soft, (about 2 minutes).
- Add the wine and soy sauce and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- When done, remove from heat and add the sesame sauce mixing it all together, and serve.
Fabulous! Love peppers and mushrooms and loved them together in this stir-fry. I used one red, one yellow and one green pepper which meant I had to increase the mushrooms and garlic. NOT a problem! Before I made this, as I didn't have any Chinese rice wine, I read through all the reviews and found that Dreamer in Ontario had successfully used white wine, so that's what I did too! We greatly enjoyed this with a simple rice dish, and it's certainly a recipe which I'll make again - often. Thank you for sharing it Pneuma.
This was great - I used purple bell peppers and baby bella mushrooms. I omitted the olive oil and just sprayed my pan with cooking spray to save a few calories! My only trouble was that I didn't make enough.... I should have doubled it to feed the three of us; it just wasn't quite enough. I loved the very simple sauce; I used hot sesame oil adding it at the very end as directed and then served over soba noodles. I think it would be great with white rice too! Made for PRMR tag.
Great taste and colourfu!. I love mushrooms and peppers. I didn't have any rice wine and used white wine instead.