Recipe by Bergy
Mesclun lettuce is simply a mixture of different types of leaf lettuce. There are many varieties. Usually it matures at a rate that you can't use it all up in salads. Last night I tried to use it as a vegetable and it was very good. Great way to use that extra lettuce. I would also try other lettuces with some watercress mixed in. Serve this like you would spinach as a veggie side dish Do Not overcook it only takes about 4 minutes. Usually the water on the leaves is enough moisture but if it is dry add a couple tablespoons of water to the pan. Notice in the picture that I have added some pecans - Use your own imagination.
- 6 cups mesclun, washed, still damp
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup mushroom, cleaned thin sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat melt butter/margarine in a skillet large enough to hold the lettuce When butter has melted add almonds,mushrooms, garlic and shallots, stir fry 2 minutes Add lettuce stir a couple of times until it has wilted and is warm.
- Do not over cook.