Recipe by kda949
This recipe is from a Japanese Mushroom company called Yukiguni Maitake Corporation. I bought some maitake mushrooms at a local japanese market and wanted to add the recipe here so that I can find it tomorrow when I plan to cook them! I would image you could use regular "gringo" mushrooms too. But I have read that the health benefits of maitake mushrooms is really really good- especially for cancer.
- 7 ounces maitake mushrooms
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, sliced into strips
- 2 green onions, cut to desired size
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 2 -3 leaves Chinese cabbage, sliced into 1 in. strips (aka Napa cabbage or you could use Bok Choy)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 -4 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the beef in a mixture of equal parts soy sauce and white wine for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Break maitake mushrooms into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oil in wok on high heat (peanut oil works best for stirfry because of the high heat but I use canola oil without any problems).
- Add red pepper, green onion and eggplant to the wok and stir fry.
- Add beef, Maitake Mushrooms, Chinese cabbage and oyster sauce to the mixture. Stir well and cook until beef is cooked through.
- If desired, add 1-4 tsp corn starch to thicken the sauce.