Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
Everyone loves it!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, additional
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil (I use less)
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1 inch lengths (optional)
- Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in bowl.
- Stir in chicken.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a seperate bowl, combine sugar, 2 1/2 tsp cornstarch,remaining soy sauce, water, lemon peel, and lemon juice; set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and green onion, stir fry for about 3 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Pour soy sauce/lemon mixture into pan; bring to boil.
- Add chicken, stirring to coat all pieces with the thickened sauce.
- Serve with steamed rice.