Recipe by looneytunesfan
Can't wait to try this recipe. It looks delicious.
Top Review by redjenmt
As this recipe is by itself, it needs a little work. We decided to cut the sugar at least in half next time. We also added 3/4 of a bag of stir fry-style frozen veggies to this, along with the bunch of green onion. The veggies REALLY need to be added, otherwise it's a pretty unappetizing-looking dish (to me, anyway). Once the veggies are added with the cut down of the sugar, this is a 5-star and very simple Asian-style dish!
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons Kikkoman soy sauce, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1-inch lengths
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 1 tablespoons soy sauce in small bowl; stir in chicken. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar, 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch, lemon peel and juice, remaining 3 tablespoons soy sauce and 1/4 cup water.
- Heat oil in hot wok over high heat, Or if using skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and green onions; stir-fry 3 minutes. Remove.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Pour soy sauce mixture into wok; bring to boil. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add chicken and green onions, stirring to coat all pieces well with sauce. Serve immediately.