Recipe by Anaka
I got inspired to make this dish while watching the food network. Two of my favorite foods is pasta and veggies! Although this dish does call for chicken for those vegans out there you can simply take out the chicken and replace it with tofu or simply leave it out. This is a simple and fast recipe that even the kids can help you make it.
Top Review by Peter's Mom
Great way to use leftover spaghetti noodles. I made this with veggies only and served it with grilled chicken breast. I almost forgot the teriyaki sauce, so we each put it on as a seasoning. The stir fry had good flavor even without the teriyaki.
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 1⁄2 shredded carrot
- 1 cup squash (diced into cubes)
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms
- 8 ounces of maui mountain teriyaki sauce or 8 ounces marinade
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 dashes salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- First prepare your pans with some olive oil. You want a high heat oil when ever you are cooking with stir fry.
- Best pans to use is if you have a Wok frying pan this is the time to get it out. If you don't have one then use any large pan for this dish. You'll be surprised how much food this will make.
- Next you want to cut all your veggies and meat into bite size cubes. The trick is to cut them all the same size so they cook at the same speed.
- In a large pot boil some water for your pasta and add a pinch of salt into the water to ensure that your pasta does not stick together while cooking. When you pasta water is brought to a boil add your pasta and let it rest for about 8 mins while stirring every now and again. Once you cooking pan (or Wok) and oil are heated up, place your bite size breast chicken into your heated pan. Lower your high heat flames to a high-medium flame.
- In another pan you will use a dab of olive oil to stir fry your veggies. Now that they have been cut you will simply throw them in to the heated pan and season it with salt and pepper. You only want to heat up your veggies and not completely cook them as they will cook further once everything is added together. At this point you want to make sure that your chicken is cooking evenly on all sides (season with salt and pepper). Stir occasionally until your chicken is a golden brown. Set both your chicken and stir fry aside once done.
- Drain your pasta and let it rest in the sink for a couple mins to make sure all the water has been drained out. Then add back into you large pot while adding 1/2 a stick of butter into the pasta to make sure once again that they will not stick together and also to ensure that you will have a moist and not dry dish. Add your stir fry veggies along with your cooked chicken in with the pasta mix and blend together. Add your Maui Mountain Teriyaki Sauce/ Marinade. Heat for a few mins to blend everything together. Do not over cook. You want to make sure that everything is mixed but doesn't all has the same flavors. You want to taste each ingredient with its own flavor adding into the dish.
- Get your plates ready and dig in -- .