Recipe by Sammic85
This makes a difference to when preparing couscous, while giving a tastier dish with the stir fry of the vegetables. I prepared this at random for a barbeque, and everyone loved it.
- 250 g couscous
- 3 vegetable marrows
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large onion
- 50 g marrowfat peas
- 150 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded (as is done for coleslaw)
- 1 tablespoon ground garlic
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon canola oil, for stir fry
- 300 ml boiling water
- 1 chicken stock cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and cut thinly all the vegetables.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, and start adding the vegetables one by one, starting from the onion until all is added and stir-fry all of them.
- Season with salt and pepper and the ground garlic, you can also choose to add any spices you prefer with the vegetables.
- Melt the chicken stock cube in the boiling water.
- Prepare the couscous in a seperate bowl,and add all the spices with it.
- Gradually pour the boiling water (with the melted chicken cube) to the couscous little by little, and stirring continously until it is absorbed. You may choose not to add all the water, or depending on the instruction on the packet of the couscous.
- Once couscous is set, add the stir-fried vegetables to it and stir once again over a low flame.