Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Its a really tasty stir fry, full of lots of vegetables with enough chilli to kick up the flavour. I really started out making this yesterday by looking around to see what ingredients I had at the time. I had to scribble down what I had put in it before I forgot so I can make it again for ourselves but I am sure that you will find it enjoyable as well.
- 14.79 ml cooking oil
- 300 g steak, Rump
- 14.79 ml soya sauce, light
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 3.69 ml five-spice powder
- 9.85 ml ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 709.77 ml mixed vegetables
- 2 chilies, Dried birds eye
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml soya sauce, Dark
- 4.92 ml cornflour, rounded
- 9.85 ml water
- Slice the steak up really thin and place in a bowl to marinade with the light soya sauce, oyster sauce and the five spice powder, cover and put it in the fridge.
- Prepare the vegetables which can consist of a combination of Bean Shoots, Red Capsicum, Bok Choy, Chinese Leaf, Baby Corn, Spring Onions, asparagus, broccoli, celery. (the asparagus and broccoli need to be blanched for 2 minutes, drained and allowed to cool.
- For the sauce mix the water, dark soya sauce, sesame oil and cornflour together.
- Heat the wok, adding some of the oil - stir fry the vegetables along with the garlic, ginger and the chillies for a few minutes adding some salt if necessary.
- Place in a hot dish and add more oil to the wok and stir fry the beef, taking care to stir frequently, add the sauce and as soon as it starts to thicken add the vegetables back into the wok, stir to coat.
- Serve immediately either with fried rice or plain boiled noodles. Delicious.
I loved this dish, would not change anything but to double the sauce. Looking forward to making again. Thanks for posting.