1/1 Photo of Stir Fry Chilli Beef in Oyster Sauce
Its a really tasty stir fry, full of lots of vegetables with enough chilli to kick up the flavour. I really started out making this yesterday by looking around to see what ingredients I had at the time. I had to scribble down what I had put in it before I forgot so I can make it again for ourselves but I am sure that you will find it enjoyable as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 300 g steak, Rump
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce, light
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 3 cups mixed vegetables
- 2 chilies, Dried birds eye
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce, Dark
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, rounded
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1Slice the steak up really thin and place in a bowl to marinade with the light soya sauce, oyster sauce and the five spice powder, cover and put it in the fridge.
- 2Prepare the vegetables which can consist of a combination of Bean Shoots, Red Capsicum, Bok Choy, Chinese Leaf, Baby Corn, Spring Onions, asparagus, broccoli, celery. (the asparagus and broccoli need to be blanched for 2 minutes, drained and allowed to cool.
- 3For the sauce mix the water, dark soya sauce, sesame oil and cornflour together.
- 4Heat the wok, adding some of the oil - stir fry the vegetables along with the garlic, ginger and the chillies for a few minutes adding some salt if necessary.
- 5Place in a hot dish and add more oil to the wok and stir fry the beef, taking care to stir frequently, add the sauce and as soon as it starts to thicken add the vegetables back into the wok, stir to coat.
- 6Serve immediately either with fried rice or plain boiled noodles. Delicious.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fry Chilli Beef in Oyster Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 1876.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: