Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found in the Good to Go cookbook Quick tip- Wrap in a flour tortilla and drizzle with plum sauce or hoisin sauce for a quick meal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3⁄4 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute the chicken for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger, garlic and pepper flakes; saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and mix well. Add 2 tbs of water if sauce is too thick.
- Add the coleslaw mix and scallions; stir-fry for 4 minutes or until cabbage is tender crisp.
Very tasty. Easy and quick. I didn't have any teriyake sauce on hand, so made Restaurant Teriyaki Sauce. which complimented the dish well. The quantity of red pepper flakes was right on the money, not too hot and not too bland. The only adaptation I made was to use stir-fry veggies instead of the coleslaw mix. Just personal preference. I will have this again. Thnx for sharing your recipe3, ~*Kisha*~. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
This is a great, easy recipe. I loved all the flavors and the ingredients were items I had on hand. I ate it in a tortilla, husband ate it straight and we both loved it. Thanks!
I used wonton wrappers, and this turned out to be a really good meal. Made jasmine rice for the side and asian salad to complete the meal.