Recipe by Mrs.J
My mom found this in a Better Homes and Garden What's For Dinner cookbook. I tried it and immediately loved it!
- 1 (10 ounce) package pizza dough
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into slices
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put pizza dough in a greased pizza pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Stir fry onion, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes until tender and crisp.
- Stir fry chicken 2-3 minutes until no longer pink and done. May need to add extra olive oil.
- Return vegetables to skillet and mix together.
- Sprinkle half the mozarella cheese over crust. Spoon mixture of chicken and vegetables over cheese layer evenly. Top with the rest of the mozarella cheese.
- Sprinkle basil and sesame seeds on top.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese melts.